Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The Truth Behind Tucker Carlson's Termination from Fox News

New York, NY

Fox news enthusiasts all over the U.S. are scratching their heads over  Tucker Carlson's termination on Monday.  Given the many plausible reasons for the unexpected departure, how can they narrow down the cause, come to an understanding of what happened, and eventually reach a sense of closure?

Tucker Carlson was at the top of his game, boasting over three million viewers per night, making his show among the most popular on primetime cable television.  He had recently signed a new contract with Fox in 2021 and was making between $15,000,000 and $20,000,000 per year. His sudden termination on Monday left him and his fans stupefied.

Was it his white supremacism?  Misogyny?  Anti-semitism?  The Dominion law suit that cost Fox $787.5 million?  The many lies he knowingly told about the 2020 election?  With so many perfectly reasonable explanations for his termination,  his fans are understandably confused and devastated.

"With Tucker gone, I am left with a big hole in my schedule at 8 p.m. every night" said fan, Rich Jirkov (55).   "It looks like I'm running out of excuses not to read to my kids before they go to bed, or help my wife with the dinner dishes.  I'm just beside myself."

"He helped legitimize people like me," said fan Kyle K. Keats (62).  "I've been called a 'racist,' a 'bigot'...heck even my 9 year old son calls me a 'blight on society,' whatever that means. But when I settled down to watch Tucker's show at 8 pm, I felt good about being me, you know what I mean?  Tucker really saw me. I felt validated. "

The Rotting Onion reached out to Tucker Carlson for his comments on the situation and was surprised to find him available and eager to share his point of view.

"I was starting to feel like I could say anything, you know?  Sometimes, I would spout all kinds of absurdities just to see what would happen, and nothing ever did.  I started to wonder if Rupert even cared. I became more brazen, started acting out more...  I felt neglected, like no matter how bad I was, I couldn't get Rupert to pay attention to me...when he finally fired  me, there was a sense of relief. I even called and left him a voicemail, inviting him over for dinner with my family.  I haven't heard back yet but it's only been a couple of days....he'll call."

The Rotting Onion wishes all the best to Tucker Carlson and all of his loyal fans.   We would also like to suggest that George Santos take the primetime spot in January, 2024 after his current term in Congress ends.




by Diana Shapiro

Photo Courtesy of Rolling Stone

8 comments:

  1. It is a pleasure to see the Rotting Onion return to the Internet. It is fun to read and accurately analyzes the issues it presents. Diana please keep going !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece. I was laughing throughout. Thanks Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the REAL fake news!!

    ReplyDelete